Friday, October 19, 2007

I had some beautiful things happen today

So today was a great day as far as substitute teaching goes. I started off the morning at Roosevelt High School which went over w/o any incidents to speak of. In the afternoon i went to an elementary school and had no idea what grade i would be thrown into. When i showed up i discovered that i would be w/ 2nd graders for a couple of hours. Then something beautiful happened...these three girls kept running in my room b/c my door was opened while i was waiting for the kids to finish recess. They did this 3 times and kept saying that they were mistaking my room for another one. I asked them if they wanted me to show them where their room was and they said sure. When i came outside one of the girls handed me a little daisy that she found in the grass and my heart melted. THen she offered me one of her bracelets but it wouldn't fit on my wrist so she said i could give it to my wife or kids....

It was such a beautiful gesture and it made my afternoon.

No comments: