Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Random Thoughts 4-15

Here is a little update on my life.

Today i will cover a sorts of topics, thoughts and musings. First of all, if you want to hear the gospel preached around soly who Jesus is what significance his death/resurrection/life is check out Mark Driscoll speaking. You don't have to watch all, or any but if you desire to.

The Pink House is ending in exactly 2 months from today which means several things for my life. First it means that i will have no place to live after we move out of the house and that my environment will be changing. Secondly, it is a fork in the road to determine where i want to live, Ivan (my roommate) and myself have had many discussions about what and where we want to live. We are sticking together, wherever that may be. Right now we have a few options and whichever way it turns out, we will hpefully be in a neighborhood in which we feel that we can be a part of.
He posed the question to me last night and it is one that i think that we forget to ask way too often he. He asked me "what do you think that God is trying to tell us through all of these opportunities and options?" God has something planned for us and feel as though he has given us a heart for something to is contrary at least to what i use to always desire and feel for. The question that he asked is great b/c it leaves it up for us to try to understand how we feel God in what is currently happening in our lives. No matter where that may be. It is easy for me though to get too connected w/ everything else but reaching towards God. Although i know that it is ultimately because of what he has done in my life and with his sons sinless life i need to focus on showing that to those who don't know what that is about. The social gospel and action sometimes over runs what the story of each of our lives are about when we get to the heart. Anyways, that is just a little update about what is going on with the future. There are some great things happening now in the Pink House and dont' want to miss out on what that will be. IN two weeks there is going to be another block party that i am going to be a part of. Bounce House, food, maybe slip and slide, music, games, cakewalk, and many other awesome activities.

This weekend i am going to play with Stepsonday for just two shows, one in upland, and the other in bakersfield. I am really looking forward to it, hanging out w/ Jason and Chad. Going to bako to see friends and family. I really appreciate the opportunity to play music a little bit and be able to enjoy a weekend outside of Fresno every once in a while. On another note, i am trying to finish the game of James Bond 007 Goldeneye. I use to be pretty dang good at the game back in late middle school early high school, and i picked it up again recently and it has probably become an obsession. I will try to complete a level and sit there for like 40 min and then i slap myself in the face b/c i hate video games and the whole concept of them. But maybe i will just indulge a bit more. i think i have 4 or 5 levels left! I am out. Peace and Love

Bryan

2 comments:

I'm Kelsie said...

thank you for this. it said something important to me.

Mr. McIllwain said...

Goldeneye is freaking rad.

And everything will come together my friend. Have faith.