Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Change and Chocolate

Today i was thinking about how funny/crazy change has been in our lives. We are one person in one season of life and then someone who has changed a bit (maybe for the good maybe not so good). An example of this is when i was in junior college and looking forward to a life of comfort and "success." I think that a lot of factors had played into this season of my life, relationships that i had around me, some male some female. Through changes in my life i realized that God had much more designed for me than that vision that was planted into my heart and mind. As i said, many influences were around mainly being one of the culture that i was plugged into and the lifestyle that i was grown up around. A lifestyle of passion and following God began to stir about in my heart and a search for what i would enjoy spending a majority of my "work" life doing became a desire of mine.
God ultimately brought me down the path of using a bachelor's degree that had been so fortunately bestowed upon me. Through choices that i had made which i knew would ultimately be good (ie the Pink House) he directed my path. All of this to really say and comment on my opening sentence, what i had ultimately wanted to become now becomes hard to not judge against those exact things. What i wanted originally is no what i don't want for anyone yet what happens and belongs to many that i know. Its just a crazy thing that i have recently noticed and am choosing to think about in a more positive way. I hope that this doesn't come of boastful in any way b/c i am not intending it to be, just that i feel that i am content in what i have found to be comfortable for me. God has a way of changin us through seasons of our lives to i think ultimately please him and for him to use us in the most glorifying way for him. Life gets a heck of a lot more exciting when we think about the future in this lense and one that realizes that He is never done w/ our character and w/ our goals/dreams/expectations that are within us. I hope that this is making some sort of sense. What i am doing and living right now may not be where i ultimately land in 15 years but if i have realized a few things in my immature life it is that it will be one great ride.

On a side note b/c i know that everyone likes a great picture, here is one of Kimberly and me at a recent wedding we attended in bakersfield. They had a few chocolate fountains and some fine treats to put them in and she did something very unexpected (at least that is what i thought) with a table of our friends around. Man she is
lovely. This is one of the last days that the stache was at its full length, i recently shaved it down to absolutely nothing, with a razor and everything. i havent felt that in over a year and a half...

5 comments:

jordan wiebe said...

i thought she just had a rough time choosing lipstick. i understand and resonate with what your saying. i think we chatted about it before i took off. :)

Unknown said...

dang. that chocolate was good. i think i ate more chocolate than i did food. that is a good philosophy for life. more chocolate, less food.

Dave Franz said...

i hope the ride never ends.

when i first saw your mustache in the photo i said, "wow bryan has a nice mustache!" then i continued to read about you shaving it. Instantly my eyes began to tear up. i wonder why you shaved it? hmmm.....

Anonymous said...

Bryan, I stumbled across your blog today and just felt the need to say this...keep on keepin' on my friend! I am sooooo very happy for you friend.

Peace and Love.

P.S.

By the looks of that picture...I'd say you found a winner!

Anonymous said...

amen for changing seasons... i wonder sometimes what would happen if we gave up on the whole changing seasons thing? not a good idea.

and agreed, she IS lovely. and innovative. : )

ps - how does one start a garden?