Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Pink House Meeting

Last evening the incredible Phil Skie came and spoke to the house. We are in our church module and started discussing what we thought of church and biblical references for it. There were ideas from the OT to the NT and only one from Acts. One of my favs was the 'body of christ' which applies to relationships w/ Christ in general.
When we started discusses the ACTS church i thought it was intersting how we always say 'THAT was the first chuch and thats what Sunday's should be like'. I think however that it was never really a day of the week rather their entire lifestyles. Thats just what following Christ was like and what we need to strive to desire and particpate in. I brought up that what is this thing on Sunday? Phil stated that he sometimes refers to it as a production. Not that its bad but the people putting it on gather to set it all up and thats it. I like to think that more of my church experiences come from relationships w/ those in the pink house, my friends (although i wish that we could do some serving more together) and those i reach. i think that would be my goal b/c it doesnt' happen as much as i believe it could and/or should.
I want to experience more love being experienced in my thought life, relationships and activites. Thanks for listening to my rambling and i expect some addtions to this soon.
I am also wizzing throught Brian Mclaren's book "a new kind of christian" and i have enjoyed it very much. A lot of thinking is occuring.
I also sold my car, and intend on riding my bike to most places as well as roll around on the scooter to those places that are a little further. I think that it may allow me to not do so many things and to maybe stay put more often than i have been. It should be a great time to rely on others who are willing as well as learn the ropes of the Fresno bus system. i think it should be easier than maybe expected b/c just about everyone that i know owns a car so there are many out there. I am also maybe considering buying a little bit nicer of a bike to get around town b/c my cruiser is very wobbely. let me know if anyone has any connections to a decent road bike. Love, Bryan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to carry a torch with you.

Anonymous said...

amen, bryan feil.

'church' is such a misconstured word... some of the best church i've ever experienced has been in a context furthest from sunday morning in any designated building.

what blows my mind about the acts curch is the fact that they were really, really out there. they shared everything, wouldn't eat until everyone could... if we lived our lives like that, we'd be considered crazy folk.

but then again, maybe we should be crazy folk...?

keep cycling and bussing - it is an adventure.

peace