Monday, January 7, 2008

Scripture and Other

Last night i was reading Genesis 6. Have a read for yourself.

The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain. 7 So the LORD said, "I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth—men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air—for I am grieved that I have made them." 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD

I main question that i was struck with after reading this passage was "why did noah find favor with the Lord" he was about to wipe the ENTIRE earth out but found one human who was worthy to carry on the generation of human existance. This seems as if Noah must have been a pretty legit man and had someting that not many did. I want to know what it was that Noah had going for him before all of this happened and how i can become something of that.

Last night i went to the Hofbrau with a few friends b/c it was Jon Moritz's b-day. It was an absolutely smashing time, enjoy a few beers and some great company at a fine location. I feel as though it is a much more beautiful way to enjoy alcoholic beverages with friends when it is limited and in moderation. I may not have done such a great job of this in the recent past but look forward to the future. It is just a beautiful thing.

I am at a middle school today substituting and started out the day but not leaving until i absolutely had to and then on the way to work was thinking 'i should really give myself so extra time to get to work' and low and behold i was stopped by an extremely slow moving train on butler avenue. it tested my patience a little bit but everything ended up ok. It was a long train and slowed down as it passed not sped up. I usually have a hard time in these circumstances but am learning what to do when there is nothing you can do. I think it is just try to make the best of the situation and let go b/c there isn't anything i can do about it. So what did i do you might ask??? I selected a song on my ipod from a guilty pleasure group. There are called paramore and have a couple of excellent songs "hallelujah" and "misery business" They are super duper poppy but write catchy songs that i enjoy. (What have i become.....) Plus the singer is especially cute check out one of these two songs if you have the time. So n e ways i am doing jr. high and it is not going to be easy, i really don't enjoy jr high b/c they are old enough that they don't give much affection or sincerity and not easy to deal w/ like high school. but i thought that on the week back from vacation i should take whatever i can get b/c i just really need to work. fund s are low

Also i recently just purchased a new truck so i am very excited. It is actually used but a great ride. I may possibly post a picture but probably not. It is a blessing and i am very stoked to have it. i just can't believe this is my seventh car.... dang it. Well, i hope that this isn't too long of a journal. Let me know your thoughts, questions, concerns, input. All praise be the God!

3 comments:

jordan wiebe said...

hofbrau sounds excellent.

Denise Feil said...

We need to be blogger friends. What is crazy is that I read through Genesis 6 about a week ago. You're right, Noah must have been a pretty incredible guy. And definitely not a part of the norm... to think that God was not pleased with anyone else. My prayer right now (which should be for always) is to seek what is glorifying to God. One example is to think about next year. In Fresno or Bakersfield, where would I glorify God the most. Job, living, church, friends, family... It's an awesome question to think about and to see how God is going to work in my heart with this decision.

Jaclyn Marina said...

my thoughts, questions, concerns:

You are awesome Bryan Feil.