Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring Break!

So, on sunday i left fresno to stay the night in bako and then had a dentist appointment on monday morning. It appears that i will have to have my wisdom teeth out soon. great....So i made it down here to San Diego on Monday afternoon, Kim and I drove and made it in great time. I have been especially blessed to get to spend some great time w/ my long time buddy Kyle Kuhlmann. One of the most gentle genuine humans that i know, he takes care of everyone and doesnt accept anything else. We have been friends since 3rd grade!!! nuts. Yesterday we went to some beautiful cliffs off of La Jolla and then had dinner w/ my buddy Joey. That evening we went downtown for ST. Pattys which i knew would be an adventure, for the best or the worst.
It definitely turned out to be for the worst. Just a really sad sight to see as people are wearing just crazy slutty clothes. I was with a bunch of people whom i wouldn't usually spend time w/ but they befriended me. Needless to say it just wasn't my bag, if you get my drift or if you know anything about me. However, i did have fun w/ Kyle and we enjoyed each other, i did get to see Dieter from Laguna Beach. that was pretty exciting as i am a long time fan of such a shallow and dumb show. However, i enjoyed that.
This evening, i had dinner w/ a second (or maybe third) cousin of mine whom i barely know. It was a blast, he had some beautiful daughters, Rashmee and Pria. My cousin Eric married an east Indian lady and thus they have very ethnic babies who are absolutely darling. We got to catch up w/ our lives and he is a very admirable man. We hadn't seen each other in probably 6 or 7 years, but it was terrific. i love being able to develop relationships w/ those who i know but don't really know, much less family. God is good.
So i will be here for the next 2 days and then i am back up to fresno to help out w/ the "neighborhood thrift store" and am excited for that ministry. Hope all is well w/ you guys out there. Easter is coming...the day that makes our faith what it is.

No comments: